27.06. - 26.08.2018
Concordia UK are delivering the National Citizen Service (NCS) Programme for our area in the UK. National Citizen Service (NCS)
is a flagship government programme that gives 15 to 17 year olds in the UK the chance to learn new skills and get involved in their communities. We are looking for 4 international volunteers from the EU that have experience of working with young people and who want to help Concordia run an amazing programme of events to develop young people’s potential and support local communities.
The programme includes outdoor activities to build confidence and teamwork, workshop sessions to learn and develop skills, interaction with charity groups to get to know what the local community needs and how volunteering can be an important way to connect with people and make a difference in the area where you live
The MTV volunteers will:
- Work with a team of staff to support young people (15 -17 year olds) from various social and cultural backgrounds on the 2 Waves of the NCS programme running in the summer.
- Lead by example and get involved in outdoor and community volunteering activities while helping to keep the group motivated at all times.
- Support the Team Leaders and Team Assistants to ensure programme content is delivered and understood by the group. The role includes building good relationships with your colleagues and participants while helping with any problems that may arise.
- Support personal development goals with the young people and help young people to understand the ethos of learning and involvement of the NCS programme.
- Provide short group activities using skills from leading workcamps or working/volunteering with young people in a variety of contexts.
From Monday to Friday in the first 2 weeks of each Wave volunteers will stay with the groups of young people; 1 week at an outdoor activity centre followed by 1 week at a University hall of residence. This is repeated twice. At the weekends and in the second 2 weeks of each Wave, volunteers will stay together in a local hostel in Brighton. All accommodation will be provided and a group allowance for food will be provided when not on the residential parts of the programme.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS: - We can accept only volunteers from the EU. Experience of providing activities to young people (15-17 year olds). - A background of supporting and leading volunteers. – Have an understanding of Health and Safety and Safeguarding practices. Be organised and be able to speak English to a good intermediate level. - Work in a team. - Have some relevant experience of working with young people on a residential programme.
- All applicants must send a completed VEF, application form, certificate of good conduct /police check from your home country + two references
will be arranged individually
Adresa: , Brighton, United Kingdom
GPS: 50.82253000000001, -0.137163
Brighton and West Sussex
NEAREST AIRPORT: London Gatwick NEAREST TRAIN STATION: Brighton
All MTV’s will have access to E-Learning on the NCS Ethos and will attend an induction prior to starting the residential programme with the young people.
Closing date for applications: Friday 16th March 2018 (please apply AS SOON AS POSSIBLE)
Táto aktivita nemôže byť pridaná do tvojej tašky. Môže byť plná, uzavretá, alebo nie je určená pre teba. Tiež sa musíš prihlásiť.
Prečítaj si FAQ