01.10. - 09.10.2018
Topics : Diversity; Social Inclusion; Living together; Intercultural awareness;
About the Project:
“YOUth Exchanges for Diversity - #YEs4Diversity” is our response to a demand from young people for
the development of quality educational activities supporting and promoting intercultural awareness,
recognition of the value of diversity and understanding of the importance and meaning of peaceful
Aim and objectives:
The project aims to promote intercultural awareness and diversity, while supporting the
development of young people as global citizens, through the creation of a safe space for interaction.
Participants will have the chance to experience, share and exchange as part of an intercultural group
of young people coming from different backgrounds and realities.
More specifically, the objectives of the project are:
- to develop a common understanding about the importance of peaceful societies and the
promotion of human rights;
- to explore possible methods to enable diverse groups to be more effective in working
together and spreading richness of diversity;
- to develop young participants’ commitment through the development of future actions and
active engagement in existing campaigns and practices such as the Raising Peace Campaign;
- to increase participants understanding of topics such as diversity, social inclusion and
- to develop participants’ communication skills and self-confidence;
- to develop basic facilitation skills on intercultural learning and human rights education;
- to experience active citizenship and facilitate young people’s interest in current European
and global issues;
- to experience interaction with local communities, through the exchange of experiences,
lifestyles, motivations and interests with local communities;
Dates: 1/10/2018 (arrival) - 9/10/2018 (departure)
Partners: ELIX (Greece), INEX (Slovakia), EstYES (Estonia), Jeunesse Reconstruction (France) and YAP
Number of participants: 4 participants + 1 leader (per group)
This Youth Exchange will provide the opportunity for young people to experience diversity and
interculturality within the frame of a big city. Young people will meet with other youngsters with
migrant background, and reflect together on what diversity means in a big city. (Athens, September
2018). The activity will be hosted in the Scout Premises in Parko Tritsi. More info:
https://goo.gl/Go2mQw (unfortunately text only in Greek)
Non-formal education will be at the core of the activities: simulations, interactive sessions,
peer-to-peer work, reflection and focus groups, outdoor activities, field visits, common actions with
Peace and human rights education : educational manuals and tools promoting human rights, such as
COMPASS, will be introduced and young people will have the chance to explore them in practice.
Intercultural learning : educational manual and activities from the All Equal All Different will be
introduced during the activities. Our focus will be to explore each step of the intercultural learning
process in detail.
Účastníkov budeme vyberať, preto sa účastnícky príspevok bude hradiť až po prijatí.
Extra participation fee 20.0 EUR
Táto aktivita nemôže byť pridaná do tvojej tašky. Môže byť plná, uzavretá, alebo nie je určená pre teba. Tiež sa musíš prihlásiť.