01.01. - 31.12.2019
Project: To share creative learning methods in school.
SMA N 10 Pentagon Kaur is a boarding public high school located in Kaur Regency, Bengkulu. It was built to provide high quality of education services, particularly to young generation of Kaur, as well as to reduce inequalities in terms of education
under the initiative of Kaur’s local heroes, Hermen Malik and M. Daud Abdullah.
However, the school is also open to those who strive for an excellent education from any regions in Indonesia. The school provides extracullicular in science such as nanotechnology, biotechnology, renewable energy and robotics.
Bringing the concept of boarding school integrated with public formal school, SMAN 10 Pentagon Kaur continually builds and develops its reputation through various activities. It is because the founding fathers have been highly aware towards the Kaur
Regency development through inclusive education to succesfully face contemporary tight global competitiveness in almost every life aspects.
As for the year of 2018, SMAN 10 Pentagon Kaur arranges to invite foreign volunteer who is keen to help the school pursuing its excellence through English language learning and cultural exchange.
1. To expand the knowledge and skills required in digital and global era.
2. To develop and spread the work ethics and positive characters through cultural
1. To introduce creative learning through creative methods e.g. seminar, focus group discussion, games, etc.
2. To participate in school events e.g. summer camp, seminar, commemoration of
national day, etc.
3. To mingle with locals in order to learn local culture and spread peace through living together in harmony and tolerance in diversity.
4. To represent school in official events.
5. To share positive reputation of the school.
25 t0 40 hours/week; specifically every Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday, and
Sunday. Particularly during 07.00 – 14.00 WIB (Western Indonesian Time). Sometimes, the volunteer is needed to support the school events during the national days.
Accommodation Volunteer will stay in the boarding house (shared / private room, conditional).
Study Theme: Non formal learning method.
Man / Woman
18 – 35 years
Highly motivated, enthusiastic and able to work alone
Have experience in teaching through creative ways (preferable)
Eager to learn Bahasa Indonesia and Kaur local language
Kaur Regency is the most eastern part of Bengkulu Province, Sumatera island. It is
famous of its breathtaking natural tourism sites e.g. Laguna Beach, Linau Beach and try special sea food - Octoupus satay. In certain times of the year, volunteer can watch the iconic Rafflessia arnoldii flower directly in the forest.
Meeting Point Fatmawati Soekarno Bengkulu (BKS). The staff of the school would pick up thE volunteer to reach SMA N 10 Pentagon Kaur.
Language English, Bahasa Indonesia and Bahasa Kaur (local language)
1. Weather can be up to 40 degree in dry season. volunteer needs to be aware of different seasons with her/his home country.
2. Local people are very respectful of local culture and religion. Some topics might become sensitive to talk such as LGBT and premarital sex.
3. Meals, support for volunteer and transportation (car) for visa extension will be covered by the school, except flight ticket and fee for visa extension.
Minimum duration: 6 months
Táto aktivita nemôže byť pridaná do tvojej tašky. Môže byť plná, uzavretá, alebo nie je určená pre teba. Tiež sa musíš prihlásiť.