01.03. - 31.12.2019
Period 1 Feb-May
Period 2 Sep-Dec
Min. Duration >2 months
Project: To share creative learning methods in university and encourage students to speak english.
Sekolah Tinggi Ilmu Ekonomi (Institute of Economics Science) Muhammadiyah is islamic college located in Pekalongan. The college has four degree programs e.i.
Bachelor Degree in Accounting, 3-year Diploma in Accounting, Bachelor Degree in Management, and Bachelor Degree in Sharia Economics.
The institution considers that international language is very important which must be taught to the students, as the supporting skill to the students when they graduate and prepare to welcome ASEAN Economic Community 2015.
1. To promote IVS and global education.
2. To Give important soft skill to the students before they graduate from the college
3. To improve the students’ competences and ability in four skills of English,
especially in speaking and listening.
1. Assist English Classes with alternative subjects: Speaking, Cross Cultural
Understanding, Subtitling, etc. The classes will be followed by students of 1st, 2nd and 3rd in university mainly conversation classes;
2. Create and manage the Economics English Club (EEC) out of classes by inviting
students. The purposes of this activity are: (1) to spread the IVS (International
Voluntary Service) spirit among the college students (2) to have more relaxed and informal English conversation activities with interested students.
3. To mingle with locals in order to learn local culture and spread peace through living together in harmony and tolerance in diversity.
25 t0 40 hours/week; specifically every Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
Particularly during 07.00 – 14.00 WIB (Western Indonesian Time). Sometimes, the
volunteer is needed to support the school events during the national days.
Accommodation Volunteer will stay in the boarding house (shared / private room, conditional).
Study Theme Non formal learning method.
Requirement Man / Woman
18 – 35 years
Highly motivated and enthusiastic
Have experience in teaching through creative ways (preferable)
Eager to learn Bahasa Indonesia and Javanese language
Pekalongan City, Central Java, Indonesia. Batik City rich of culture.
Language: English with other volunteers. Bahasa Indonesia and Javanese language with locals.
1. Weather can be up to 40 degree in dry season.volunteer needs to be aware of different seasons with her/his home country.
2. STIE Pekalongan is islamic college. Volunteer is required to wear clothes that cover shoulder and knee.
3. Meals and accommodation will be provided by institution.
Táto aktivita nemôže byť pridaná do tvojej tašky. Môže byť plná, uzavretá, alebo nie je určená pre teba. Tiež sa musíš prihlásiť.