01.01. - 31.12.2019
Project: Planting Mangrove and learn other aspects of Mangrove: social, economic,nature.
Mangrove for Java is a project targeting endangers villages or area located in coastal cities and regencies in Java Island. This project is a sustainable project organized by GREAT in cooperation with local fisher and farmer communities since 2015 to answering the needs of preserving the coastal side of Java Island. Java coastal
area is one of the directed affected by global climate change among many of islands in the world. The project is preserving natural diversity and sea shore from the erosion because of significantly mangrove cutting in the 70’s-80s along with strong waves from the ocean.
Aims: To support the local initiatives of local fisher and farmer communities in protecting the sea shore by planting and seedling mangroves.
1. Planting Mangrove at coastal/green belt in muddy habitat with local community and others
2. Organizing and Promoting environment educational (especially Mangrove issue) activity with local schools and university
3. Creating English learning activities with local community or kids
4. Supporting local home industries on promoting local products
5. Planning and organizing campaign about environmental Issue through direct campaigns or social media
6.Organizing weekend workcamp for mangrove planting and education
7. Raising awareness among community, contribution and join Workcamp in Mangrove for Java.
House of local people. Volunteers will share together sleeping space separately between females and males. No bed. Need sleeping bag. Sharing bathroom. Self cooking by the volunteers.
Study Theme: Mangrove and its ecosystem from the Mangrove Information Center –Pekalongan.
Requirement: Strong motivation and interest in environment conservation especially tropical -coastal area and able to work alone
Location: Pekalongan City, Central Java, Indonesia. Batik City rich of culture.
Weather can be up to 40 degree Celsius with 80% humidity. Less hygiene condition of slum coastal area. Bring some ideas for environment education (especially about mangrove and how to take care of it) and Olympic games for environment education for small children aged from 6-12 and teenagers.
Min duration: 2 months
259 EUR the first month, 241 EUR mext months
Táto aktivita nemôže byť pridaná do tvojej tašky. Môže byť plná, uzavretá, alebo nie je určená pre teba. Tiež sa musíš prihlásiť.