01.01. - 31.12.2020
RUCHI NGO. It has been in operation since 1983 in the hilly area of Himachal Pradesh state with a commitment to ameliorate socio-economic condition of people.
Sanitation is a big problem in rural as well as urban slums in this mountainous area where there is no effective disposal system in practice. This affects their health and production capacity. The volunteers will help to educate and create awareness involving youth and rural people on water, sanitation, hygiene and health standards(WASH). The volunteers are expected to be innovative so that they can design and use their own tools in consultation with RUCHI team with regard to their appropriateness and local needs.
The volunteers are expected to:
• Visiting nearby councils and villages and measuring their current WASH level.
• Mapping families practicing open defecation in villages. Evaluating their economic and health status.
• Encouraging and connecting them to government schemes and programs.
• Create awareness on WASH components at schools and community level.
• Organise cleanliness drives at school and community level.
• Research and explore waste management solutions at individual and community level.
• With community members organise cleanup of community water structures.
• Volunteers can use creative mediums like charts, slogans, posters, banners, t-shirts, quotes, videos, films, photographs and discussions to educate villagers about WASH elements.
Basic, simple, safe & clean. Host family or RUCHI campus on sharing basis(Twin or triple) with common toilets and bath.
Food: Food offered will be simple authentic Indian vegetarian and freshly cooked. Three meals a day will be served. Assistance while cooking is desired and self cooking can be organized by volunteers.
Disable volunteers with independent mobility are welcome. The extra fee is charged on monthly basis.
Adresa: 10 villages around Baddi area of Solan district, Himachal Pradesh state, , India
Letisko: DEL, Autobusová/Vlaková zastávka: Kalka
GPS: 30.9511142175352, 76.851756178837
Ruchi campus which is located near Bandh village. It is 30 km from Kalka town and 60 km from Chandigarh city. The state is also known as the land of gods. The area offers a unique opportunity to live with nature in a peaceful environment.
Self organized city tours and excursions. Old Sikh and Hindu temples in the near vicinity can be visited. Nearby Kasauli town, a hill station, is a major tourist attraction. A visit to Shimla, the state capital, will offer an opportunity to see high Himalayan Mountains and British architecture.
In rural India open defecation is still prevalent. Even though the State Government has made it mandatory to build private toilets, the people are indifferent and unaware of the demerits and adverse impact on their health. Garbage disposal is another serious problem and adversely impacts environment and their health. A movement through education and campaigning on WASH needs to be built up.
Extra participation fee 400.0 EUR
Táto aktivita nemôže byť pridaná do tvojej tašky. Môže byť plná, uzavretá, alebo nie je určená pre teba. Tiež sa musíš prihlásiť.