25.06. - 22.08.2020
Concordia UK are delivering the National Citizen Service (NCS) Programme for our area in the UK. National Citizen Service (NCS) is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity open to all 15 - 17 year olds, that helps them build skills for work and life, whilst taking on new challenges and meeting new friends.
The NCS Outcomes are:
• Awareness of education, training and employment opportunities, and higher aspirations
• Knowledge of a more diverse range of people and with greater recognition of and respect for those from different backgrounds.
• Awareness of the challenges faced by communities and a stronger sense of social responsibility
• Awareness of a broader range of connections, enabling greater contribution to communities.
Each programme takes place over 4 weeks during summer, including 2 residential weeks and includes outdoor activities, getting to know the community, volunteering, then designing and implementing a project to make a difference to the community.
We are looking for 1 international volunteer from non-visa country that have experience of working with young people and who want to help Concordia run an amazing programme of events to develop young people’s potential and support local communities.
You will need to support a team of up to16 young people whilst on the programme. Ensuring their safety and assisting their personal development throughout the programme. This will include supporting the young people during their residential and non-residential phases, as well as supporting feedback/review sessions and delivering some creative sessions for the young people.
The programme includes outdoor activities to build confidence and teamwork, workshop sessions to learn and develop skills, interaction with charity groups to get to know what the local community needs and how volunteering can be an important way to connect with people and make a difference in the area where you live.
This role is suitable for a passionate individual with an interest in young people who is ready for a demanding role as part of an intensive summer programme.
• Work with a team of staff to support young people (15 -17-year olds) from various social and cultural backgrounds on the NCS programme running in the summer.
• Lead by example and always get involved in outdoor and community volunteering activities while helping to keep the group motivated.
• Support the Team Leaders and Assistant Team Leaders to ensure programme content is delivered and understood by the group. The role includes building good relationships with your colleagues and participants while helping with any problems that may arise.
• Support personal development goals with the young people and help young people to understand the ethos of learning and involvement of the NCS programme.
• Provide short group activities using skills from leading workcamps or working/volunteering with young people in a variety of contexts.
• Support the group to devise and deliver a social action plan for the local community
• Support personal development goals with the young people.
This will be mixed, with the first 2 weeks of each wave staying at residential accommodations at outdoor centres and in dormitory style university accommodation. At the weekends and for the last 2 weeks of each wave the volunteer will stay in a local hostel in Brighton. All accommodation will be provided and an allowance for food & travel will be provided when not on the residential parts of the programme.
• We can accept only volunteers from EU or that don’t require a VISA to the UK.
• Experience & confidence in working with young people (15-17 year olds).
• Experience of taking part in and willing to lead group activities
• Have an understanding of Health and Safety and Safeguarding practices.
• Be organised with good written and oral English communication skills
• Work in a team.
• Plenty of energy and enthusiasm
Adresa: Brighton, UK, , United Kingdom
Letisko: LGW, Autobusová/Vlaková zastávka: NEAREST AIRPORT: London Gatwick NEAREST TRAIN STATION: Brighton
GPS: 50.8224314361818, -0.131673846889047
Brighton and West Sussex
TRAINING: All MTV’s will have access to E-Learning on the NCS Ethos and will attend an induction prior to starting the residential programme with the young people.
HOW TO APPLY
• All applicants must send a completed VEF, NCS application form, certificate of good conduct /police check from your home country + two references
• For a NCS application form contact: email@example.com
• Skype Interviews: will be arranged individually
Closing date for applications: Friday 23rd March 2020 (please apply AS SOON AS POSSIBLE)
A small contribution to Concordia’s administration fees.
Extra participation fee 50.0 GBP
Táto aktivita nemôže byť pridaná do tvojej tašky. Môže byť plná, uzavretá, alebo nie je určená pre teba. Tiež sa musíš prihlásiť.