16.08. - 28.08.2020
The project is proposed by IBO Italy in collaboration with the several Parishes of the Fiscaglia’s Municipality. Fiscaglia is a municipality composed by seven hamlets four of which are important and three are only some houses. The inhabitants in total are 8.500 persons. Fiscaglia is in province of Ferrara in the Eastern part of the Pianura Padana between Comacchio Valleys and sea cost of the Adriatic Sea. The central local parish coordinates different buildings in the municipality:
- the Massafisccaglia recreation center, the community hall of Migliaro.
- the elder people's house ' Don Tampieri' of Migliaro
- the seven parish churches and the sanctuary of the Madonna della Corba. The little church of Fiscaglia now abandoned was the chapel of the Ariosto family where the young Ludovico lived the year of probandato in view of admission to the third religious order, we would like to clean at least the spaces around.
- 15 small apartments to offer a residence at limited cost to lonely or disadvantaged people in the hamlet of Cornacervina .
The arrival of the new parish priest (end of 2019) started a plan of conservation and improvements of the different environments, some to safeguard a historical heritage, others to begin a process of regulatory adaptation to make them safe and welcoming for the local community and in perspective also to other subjects. Volunteers will collaborate in the renovation and maintenance of the various environments of the various structures of the ten churches.
The work will concern:
- 1st week: masonry and whitewashing work at the center of Cornacervina. Mowing hedges and grass at the church of Valcesura, Massafiscaglia, Migliaro
- 2nd week: conservation work on walls and fixtures in various rooms (sanding, grouting and painting), mowing hedges and grass at the church of Fiscaglia and the Cornacervina structures
ACCOMODATION AND FOOD
At the parish house in Via Copparo 62 in Cornacervina. The volunteers will sleep in two
rooms: there are bathrooms. Meals will be organized in the parish house but will also be
given the opportunity to try the local cuisine by organizing some meals with local families.
A minibus and a car will be at the disposal of the local volunteers for transfers to the
places of work. Weather allowing the possibility to extend the work to further parish sites.
NO EXTRA FEE
What to bring: Flashlight, safety shoes, work gloves, sleeping bag and/or sheets, personal medicine, mosquito products, swimsuit, towel. If you can play a musical instrument, take it with you.
Documents: Identity Card or Passport, European Health Card
Leisure time: The Adriatic Sea ( Lidi ferraresi) is not far away and in the municipality there is a communal swimming pool (bring your bathing suit).
Places to visit: Codigoro is 25 Km from Pomposa, 20 Km from Comacchio, 30 Km from Ferrara, 50 Km from Ravenna, 100 Km from Venice; in the last week of August Busker Festival in Ferrara.
To arrive at the train station in Ferrara. From Ferrara station there is a train line that goes directly to Migliarino (there are not many runs). On holidays only bus line: get to Migliarino station.
For those arriving in Ferrara in the evening, take the bus in the direction of Lidi ferraresi (line 331 Tper) and get off at the bus stop in Ostellato and call 20 minutes earlier at +39 328 5460537 volunteers will be welcomed and accompanied to the project by car.
Train = Migliarino train station
Bus = ask the bus driver for the bus stop in Ostellato.
At least ten days before departure
Inform IBO Italia about your means you will go (train, car, airplane) and above all your time
of arrival. We will have a way to advise the overseers that can reach you and take you to
the camp. If at your arrival you do not find anyone, or if the train is late or other reasons,
use the telephone number indicated on the infosheet.
Táto aktivita nemôže byť pridaná do tvojej tašky. Môže byť plná, uzavretá, alebo nie je určená pre teba. Tiež sa musíš prihlásiť.