01.09. - 01.09.2021
Concordia is a French national non-governmental and non-profit making organization, founded in 1950 by English, German and French youngsters. Their aim was to enhance the values of tolerance and peace after the 2nd world war by organizing international workcamps of young volunteers.
The main objectives of Concordia are the following:
• Education in helping young people to grow up by acquisition of collective life.
• Culture in favoring the youth exchanges on an international level, always emphasizing the
values of peace, friendship and mutual respect.
• Social in taking part in concrete actions of solidarity, as well as supporting a civic attitude.
• Social economy in contributing to the realization of local development, in favor of the environment, patrimony, tourism and socio-educational animation.
The Paris head office supports the ten regional offices activities. Concordia Rhône-Alpes is one of these regional offices.
Concordia has the approval of the French Ministry of Youth and Sport and the Ministry of the Environment.
The office of Concordia Rhône-Alpes is located in Lyon, the 3rd biggest city of France, at the East. Lyon benefits from a temperate climate and offers all kinds of services and its access to leisure is well developed. It’s a really touristic city, with a strong cultural patrimony.
Tasks and activities
The volunteer will be asked to support Concordia staff in communication, in order to present and promote Concordia’s voluntary activities. The aim of this project is also to help with the preparation of the workcamps season, and other kind of intercultural projects we organize throughout the year.
In particular the activities deal with:
1. Communication (all year long)
• Participate in events promoting voluntary service, and Concordia’s activities.
• Present the “Erasmus +” program, and particularly the part for Youths.
• Meet youngsters willing to do an ESC, present them the process, help them in their
researches and testify about your own experience.
• Promoting voluntary service with new tools, to be defined. For Ex: creation of a booklet with records about different voluntary experiences.
• Be in contact with local partners, to participate in the reinforcement of Concordia’s networks. This could help us to create bonds with other structures, with the implementation of new shared activities.
• Support Concordia’s staff in the redaction of the presentation of our actions, and their translation in English, and other little administrative tasks related to external communication.
2. Workcamps season (generally from June to September)
• Assist Concordia's staff for the organisation of the international volunteer workcamps season (generally from June to September) and before, for its logistic preparation.
• Offer practical support for various tasks: preparation of material for workcamps (tents, tools...), reinforce the link with the local communities which host the workcamps, communication.
• Co-lead an international workcamp (2 or 3 weeks) after having participated to a specific animation training. It’s possible to be technical leader or group leader (depending on the volunteer’s interest and capacities)
3. Intercultural projects (all year long)
• Assist Concordia's staff in the development of projects in the frame of Erasmus + program (Youth Exchanges, Training courses...). This can mean to do some promotion, and help to the preparation regarding practical matters, but also to help with the animation, or even write your own projects.
• The volunteer will also have the opportunity (if he/she wants) to develop his/her own intercultural projects during the year at a local or international level.
The detailed activities will be defined both by the volunteers and Concordia's staff, according to the volunteers' skills and interests.
➢ Adaptation, to be communicative and easy to approach to a different audience.
➢ To speak good English and/or French or to be motivated to learn fast French.
➢ Motivation for the themes of communication, international workcamps and intercultural awareness.
➢ Availability for a 12 months project starting in September 2020.
➢ Sense of initiative, enthusiasm
➢ Working Hours:
The volunteer will work 4 days per week for approximately 30 hours (9am – 5pm) and he/she will have the weekend off.
➢ Working and living conditions:
Accommodation will be provided. The volunteers will be accommodated in the Concordia’s regional office “House of Volunteers”, which is located in Lyon, alongside the office, with one more volunteer doing his/her EVS in another organisation. They will both have their own room and they will have common access to the bathroom, kitchen, living room and courtyard.
In addition, the volunteers will get a budget for food (7,5 euros per day) and pocket money (180€ per month). Internet access will be provided.
Táto aktivita nemôže byť pridaná do tvojej tašky. Môže byť plná, uzavretá, alebo nie je určená pre teba. Tiež sa musíš prihlásiť.