This is a joint project of many workcamps organisations worldwide. We believe that especially in times as challenging as these, it is important to raise our voices for solidarity and international friendship. International workcamps were created 100 years ago to work towards mutual understanding, peace and solidarity beyond borders. Let’s keep this spirit and find new ways to get to know and support each other. This virtual workcamp is organized by different workcamp organisations worldwide as an effort to keep up international volunteering, even if most of us cannot travel right now.
28.07. - 09.08.2020
<The partner hosting the project>
Meisei University’s Summer School Project offers free English lessons to elementary and junior high school students (aged from 6 to 15) in the local community. Meisei University students who are majoring in teaching license course run this project. Based on the theoretical assumption, students try to put a priority on activity-based teaching rather than the traditional cramming style teaching. Philosophy is that English teaching and learning are purely fun, and their goal is to develop communication skill in English. CIEE Japan has started to support this project since 2005 and it has always been the most popular program which all positions become full soon after the application starts.
In the situation due to COVID-19, this project is changed as Virtual camp this summer!
to Meisei Summer School Project（MSSP）
Description of work
- Preparing the contents of English class and teaching English to elementary school (7 to 13 years old) and junior high school (13 to 16 years old) students together with Meisei University students.
- The timeframe of preparation for the English class will be decided for each teaching team with international volunteer under consideration of the resident country. The work time will be around 2 hours.
- The English class will be held for 5 days (2,4,6,8,9 Aug) in 30 min at 4 pm to 6 pm Japan time (there is an exception but we will arrange volunteers based on the time difference).
- The volunteer can also join the preparation class in the Meisei university before the camp starts (this is optional).
- The certificate will be provided.
Your own home. It might not be a brand new experience, but hey, you might be missing out on sleeping on hard field beds, sharing a room with the whole workcamp group or having to make a schedule for the showers. Is that really so bad...? Plus, in our virtual workcamp, you might have a chance to see how different homes all over the world look like!
Nb of vols:
July 28th - August 9thSessions' duration:
Preparation week: 2 hours / English class: 30 min + review and preparation 60 minWhere?
Age: 18 min
- Active attitude to interact with children.
- Interests and understanding of Japanese culture and social manner. (no need to be able to speak or listening Japanese but welcome a volunteer who has those skills!)
- Must submit a specific motivation or description of motivation in the sign-up form. Please include your self-introduction, interests on the project, experience, motivation in English or Japanese (if possible).
Adresa: , , Japan
GPS: 36.5748441, 139.2394179
This workcamp will be taking place entirely online. It is accessible to everybody with a working internet connection. No borders, no visa, no need to travel, so you are saving CO2-emissions which is really nice for our beautiful planet! While it is important to keep physical distance at the moment, we can create social proximity in the digital world.
CIEE Japan : https://www.cieej.or.jp/en/volunteer/
Táto aktivita nemôže byť pridaná do tvojej tašky. Môže byť plná, uzavretá, alebo nie je určená pre teba. Tiež sa musíš prihlásiť.