08.07. - 23.07.2021
Celkový počet účastníkov:
PARTNER: The association ANITA (Association New Ideas for an Open Territory at Garibaldi School), composed of families and people from the area active in the ",Open Schools", program, is committed to enhancing a public school as a “Common Good”. Since 2013 they are committed to restore spaces of the school previously unused as the garden, the former janitor&apos,s house and the huge basement.
WORK:Volunteers will work approximately 6 hours per day. Work will be focused on:
• Renovation of the basement of the school: plastering, painting and making simple murals on the walls. Construction of climbing walls for the gym dedicated to this, with preparation work of the walls, carpentry and minor electrical maintenance,
• Care of the didactic garden: watering and keeping the spaces clean, creating a compost bin, an earthworm tank, signage in Italian and English, fixing a little wall, renovating doors and windows,
• Digitization of the school&apos,s historical archive, i.e. the class registers from the fascist period and the war, a very useful material to propose to the school children to do research on the discrimination perpetrated by fascism and the difficulties faced during the war,
• Cleaning and whitewashing of one or two classrooms in the school.
• Artistic and bricolage activities: we will also try to give space to reuse activities (such as the creation of benches and sensory boards) and artistic activities (such as the creation of murals and a short video to let the school children know what has been done by the volunteer camp).
ACCOMMODATION AND FOOD: Volunteers will be accommodated in the school itself, in the ",House of the Thousand", (former janitor&apos,s house), which has all facilities (rooms, toilets, showers) and a kitchen. Volunteers can use the garden of the school to eat outdoors. Accommodation is very basic. Food can be prepared by volunteers themselves. Volunteers will take care of the common space and respect the place.
REQUIREMENTS: This project is supported by the European Solidarity Corps. Food and accommodation are covered by the European Union. Transportation costs will be refunded according to the distance band rules of the programme. No fees are required. The workcamps are open for international volunteers (coming from EU ESC countries projects). The projects needed a minimum of 10 volunteers to be confirmed. Keep in mind that half of the group could be of Italian volunteers.
Adresa: Roma, , Italy
GPS: 41.8933203, 12.4829321
LOCATION: Rome, near Piazza San Giovanni, 3 minutes walk from the metro station ",Re di Roma", or ",Ponte Lungo", (metro A) and 40 minutes walk from the Colosseum. We foresee that the volunteers will be able to make at least one full day excursion in Rome. TERMINAL: The nearest terminal is Fiumicino and Ciampino Airport.
Táto aktivita nemôže byť pridaná do tvojej tašky. Môže byť plná, uzavretá, alebo nie je určená pre teba. Tiež sa musíš prihlásiť.