01.02. - 31.12.2023
Celkový počet účastníkov:
Do you want to change your life for a year?
Are you bored?
Are you searching for new challenges in your life?
Do you want to try something different and gain new skills?
Well, then, we are looking for you, volunteer - who will become part of our team under the ESC programme. Starting from 01.02.2023 until 31.12.2023.
During the project, the ESC volunteer for the position of "Promotional activities" will be together with the coordinator primarily focusing on these activities:
- focusing on online promotion of volunteering, the ESC programme, personal development and non-formal education
- promotion done through various social media: preparing and publishing Instagram stories, reels, Instagram posts, FB posts, FB events, albums
- prepare plan for TikTok video promoting traveling, volunteering, personal development
- making videos for TikTok, Youtube
- working with INEX Slovakia website
- writing blogs about traveling, volunteering, personal development
- promotion of volunteering at schools, run presentations and workshops
What skills will you gain through this ESC project:
- being part of promotional team
- how to prepare and publish online events
- how to prepare and present workshop
- how to create content in online communities
- how to create promotional material (posters, gif, videos, quizzes)
- how to write articles
- how to prepare, film, cut, publish videos
- be more aware of digital marketing
- gain practise for your professional life
- improve your English
Except of this exclusive work, the volunteer will be part of everyday activities we do at INEX Slovakia, where the tasks can be fulfilled.
- Activities of the project are flexible and depend on the phase of the project.
- Each volunteer will have a timetable to fit skills, abilities and wishes.
- In case the amount of working hours is higher than usual, the volunteer will get alternative day off.
Activities of INEX Slovakia, where you can apply your promo skills and learn something new:
- INEX Slovakia 30th birthday - we are very happy to celebrate 30 years of international volunteering in our organization. We plan to celebrate the whole year. Activities are planned on different levels to promote and support volunteering amongst young people. Your ideas and help is welcomed.
- “INEX meetings” - the ESC volunteers will contribute with ideas for the topics of these regular meetings of volunteers or young people; they create invitations; publish them and promote, prepare the room according to the needs for the individual meeting; prepare the material for the "meeting", The first meeting will be about presenting your own country, culture and motivation why you are here.
- Creating workshop - Volunteers will have opportunity to create their own workshop "INEX Messenger" on the topic for 2O23 - the European Year of Skills. Workshop will be presented at workcamps, where there is educational part.
- Participating and helping us with our trainings - ESC volunteers will participate on trainings for the future campleaders. They may support us with their abilities, experiences and skills and with the organization of these activities like preparing materials, preparation of the program etc. We would welcome the creativity and initiative of the volunteers.
- Becoming the co-leader on the workcamps in Slovakia - Volunteers will participate on international voluntary workcamps in Slovakia. They will put all the theoretical knowledge, which they will gain during the project, into practice in the direct contact with the group of young people from different cultures.
- Administrative work - We would like the volunteers to help us with some administrative work like sorting and copying documents and other things. They will help a bit with shopping, going to the post office and work with our web-page.
All activities contain an educational part and they help with the development of your competences and skills. The project will be an important experience for you and will contribute to their personal and professional growth. Thanks to the project you can moreover:
- Organizing events for children, people with disabilities - create program for activities, promote the activities among our volunteers, motivate them to participate on these activities and be in charge of organizing these events.
- meet people from around the world
- improve your practical skills and soft skills: communication, time management, budget management, conflict resolution, intercultural skills, public speaking, evaluation, theory of games, group dynamic, motivation, team management
- gain more experience in the management and leadership
- gain new friends
- help where your help is needed
Whom will I meet during the project?
You will meet different groups of people on various activities - young people, students, children, seniors, socially disadvantaged, people with disabilities. You will help with preparation of events, workshops and leisure time activities while using the methods of non-formal education.
- Young person from EU member country, age 18 to 30 who want to take part in an intercultural project in Slovakia
- Interested in the topic of promoting volunteering and its values
- Personal motivation to step out of the comfort zone and become a volunteer for 11 months
- Speak good English
Crisis and risk prevention:
Once you are selected for the position, we will provide you with all the necessary detailed information for preparing yourself to come to the project.
You will receive InfoPack and WelcomePack with emergency numbers, you will be given detailed description of the activities, working conditions, food, accommodation, possibilities to spend your free time.
Once on the project, we will go through all the Health and Safety instructions in the flat and also in the office.
You will have your mentor, who will be there for you to help you especially the first days of the ESC project.
You will be provided with mobile numbers of your mentor and the ESC coordinator.
The ESC coordinator is also in charge of reflection and evaluation of activities during the ESC project.
Study theme: European Year of Skills
Volunteers will be part of:
1. On-arrival training organized by Slovak National Agency
2. Mid-term training organized by Slovak National Agency
3. The ESC volunteer will be trained within the framework of educational programme "VOLUNTEER MANAGEMENT IN MULTICULTURAL ENVIRONMENT" We welcome ESC volunteer to take part on our trainings. They are organized for our future camp leaders. We will adjust the trainings following the abilities, experiences and skills of the ESC volunteers.
Food, accomodation, allowance, insurance, transport, language...
You will be living together with 2 other volunteers in an appropriately equipped flat only 5 minutes far from the INEX Slovakia office. This flat is situated near the city center and all the important institutions are around. You can find there laundry facilities as well as fully equipped kitchen. There are two rooms in the flat for the volunteers, so two volunteers will have to share a room.
You will receive money for food (150€) together with the pocket money (150€) at the beginning of each month and you will manage the money on your own. Since our office is near the flat, you can walk to the work.
ESC insurance is covered by CIGNA
Travel costs covered by travel distances:
500 – 1999 km: 275 € per person
2000 – 2999 km: 360 € per person
3000 – 3999 km: 530 € per person
The ESC volunteers will be having private slovak lessons with a teacher or they will visit the language school. Slovak language belongs to Slavic group of languages. It might seem as a very difficult one, but on the other side a very beautiful one :)
What is INEX Slovakia:
INEX Slovakia is a non-profit organization focused on personal development of young people through international volunteering, trainings for leaders in management of multicultural groups, promoting benefits of volunteering and its development in Slovakia and abroad. INEX has been the only organization of its kind in Slovakia since 1993. Young people get to know new cultures, make new friendships from all over the world, gain extraordinary experiences, improve their language and soft skills.
Check short videos from our ESC volunteers: Merike, Elena, Ivan, Mathilda, Lea, Borja, Helena and Christina, Chiara.
Check the articles of previous INEX ESC volunteers on our blog
Prokopova 15, 851 01, Bratislava, Slovakia
How to apply:
Fill in the questionnaire here and send your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com
Deadline to apply: 18th December 2022
Táto aktivita nemôže byť pridaná do tvojej tašky. Môže byť plná, uzavretá, alebo nie je určená pre teba. Tiež sa musíš prihlásiť.