01.04. - 31.03.2020
Camphill Blaire Drummond (CBD) is a mutually supportive and purposeful community for adults with learning disabilities. Our residents live a fulfilled and meaningful life and are encouraged and supported to realise their fullest potential. We provide a home environment, meaningful activities and friendship within a warm, friendly, supportive community, enabling residents to live, learn, work and relax.
Situated amidst rolling hills and breath-taking scenery on the outskirts of Stirling, CBD provides residential and day care activities for those with learning disabilities and special needs. Ideally located within Central Scotland, CBD is home for its residents. Day care students join Monday – Friday and come from Glasgow, Edinburgh and further afield.
Volunteers either live in one of seven houses alongside residents or will have a room in the castle, which is the centre of our community. All international volunteers share life with residents within their family home.
CBD values are:
• ‘The Individual – being at the centre of all we do.
• Realising Potential – enabling the individual to grow and reach their potential.
• Creativity – providing activities that allow the individual to use their skills and abilities, enabling them to experience new possibilities.
• Engagement – participation in purposeful activities to enrich both the individual and the community.
• Community and Empowerment – the individual is treated with respect and dignity at all times, has their rights to privacy respected and are supported to make choices”.
Presently, there are 7 family homes and 35 volunteers. Members of staff – one house leader and 3 support workers per house, are responsible for the care and support of the residents.
Christian festivals are celebrated throughout the year which provides a framework for artistic activities (crafts, pottery, baking, carpentry, basketry) as well as land based activities within our kitchen and potages gardens. Support staff are responsible for the residents/ day students within the workshops.
As well as international live-in volunteers, there are also local volunteers who join CBD for a few hours or one/two days per week to support residents in workshops/ houses or spend individual social time with the residents.
Volunteers will help with the following tasks:
• Encourage residents to follow their daily plan, helping them to be organised for the day
• To fully participate in daily life within the family home – encourage residents to participate in tasks and join in socially with recreational activities and participating in meetings.
• To encourage residents to participate with meaningful activities within our artistic and land based workshops (bakery, basketry, craft, pottery, textiles, garden, estate and woodwork).
• To help residents join in with social events and activities such as swimming, football, music, horse riding, etc..
Volunteers have a room in the house with the residents or in the nearby castle which is 2 minutes’ walk away. All volunteers are part of the resident’s family home
Social areas of the house are shared with residents and staff of CBD.
Volunteers stay in single rooms (where possible) or shared double room, which are large. Single beds are available in each room with wardrobe, chest of drawers, bedside cabinet, and bedside lamp.
Showers/baths within the house or volunteer bathrooms within the castle.
Volunteers have a washing machine, tumble drier or can use the ones in the house at specified times.
Volunteers are provided with food and have use of a kitchen with all appliances available.
Volunteers should be have good conversational English skills, in order to communicate with the residents.
Adresa: Stirling, uk, , United Kingdom
Letisko: EDI, Autobusová/Vlaková zastávka: Nearest train stations: Stirling Train Station.
GPS: 56.1165227, -3.93690289999995
CBD is located near the village of Doune (2 miles away) with shops, café’ and pub. Bicycles are provided for local transport. Stirling city is 6 miles away, with regular buses up to 9pm – Stirling has a leisure centre, shops, restaurants, pubs, nightclubs, cinema and hospital.
TRAINING: Volunteers will receive a comprehensive training and induction programme. There will be an ongoing weekly foundation/core skill course covering all mandatory training (health and safety, moving and handling, food/hygiene, cook safely). There will also be in-house training (understanding/awareness of learning disabilities, community ethos and fire safety).
HOLIDAY: 4 weeks during each twelve-month placement.
POCKET MONEY: Volunteers receive £50 per week for their own personal expenses.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Volunteers who are interested in this position need to request an information/application pack.
Applicants should ask for an APPLICATION PACK before applying.
-2 professional references are needed as well as a Certificate of Good Conduct (CGC)/police check and a Medical certificate.
-A Skype interview will be arranged individually for all volunteers.
If you are available to arrive earlier than 01/04/19, please let us know in your application.
SEND US YOUR APPLICATION AS SOON AS POSSIBLE as they will be processed as soon as we received them.
If you need a VISA to the UK, latest date to send applications is 08/02/19
ACCESSIBILITY: Volunteers need to have a reasonable level of physical fitness.
Extra participation fee 40.0 EUR
Táto aktivita nemôže byť pridaná do tvojej tašky. Môže byť plná, uzavretá, alebo nie je určená pre teba. Tiež sa musíš prihlásiť.