01.01. - 31.12.2020
RUCHI NGO. It has been in operation since 1983 in the hilly area of Himachal Pradesh state with a commitment to ameliorate socio-economic condition of people. The state is also known as the land of gods.
This project aims to protect our environment using creative education and organizing micro community actions in collaboration with village councils, forest department, health departments aimed at preservation and protections of environment. There is no denying of fact that local community and environment are inter-related and depend on each other for survival. Therefore education of local community towards social and economic benefit of environment is vital for their coexistence.
Working closely with local youth following tasks shall be undertaken:
• Conducting an environmental study of communities and identifying the present situation and needs.
• Creating plans or local actions with village council to find solutions for them.
• Accumulating information from various departments, health and block development) regarding their environmental action plan.
• Working with eco clubs in schools by assisting and coordinating their activities.
• Organising micro environmental actions in coordination with women SHG, village councils and schools.
• Educate people on environmental concerns like Global warming, climate change, depletion of natural resources, etc.
We believe, innovation is key to success therefore volunteers with prior experience in related work are welcome to bring in new ideas.
Basic, simple, safe & clean. Host family or RUCHI campus on sharing basis(Twin or triple) with common toilets and bath.
Food offered will be simple authentic Indian vegetarian and freshly cooked. Three meals a day will be served. Assistance while cooking is desired and self cooking can be organized by volunteers.
Disable volunteers with independent mobility are welcome. The extra fee is charged on monthly basis.
Adresa: Baddi township in Solan district, Himachal Pradesh, , India
Letisko: DEL, Autobusová/Vlaková zastávka: Kalka
GPS: 30.9562743889059, 76.8304973190693
Solan- Rural and Slum Communities around Baddi township. Self organized city tours and excursions. Old Sikh and Hindu temples in the near vicinity can be visited. Nearby Kasauli town, a hill station, is a major tourist attraction. A visit to Shimla, the state capital, will offer an opportunity to see high Himalayan Mountains and British architecture.
Baddi is an industrial area. Economically poor people migrated to the area in search of jobs and established their temporary settlements. These settlements are devoid of even basic amenities and hence called “slums”. Industries and increased human population is pressurizing the already depleting natural resources and causing a serious environmental,
health & sanitation problem.
Extra participation fee 400.0 EUR
Táto aktivita nemôže byť pridaná do tvojej tašky. Môže byť plná, uzavretá, alebo nie je určená pre teba. Tiež sa musíš prihlásiť.