06.07. - 04.09.2020
YMCA Fairthorne Group is a fast-growing charity. Our mission is to champion and add value to young lives by providing experiences that challenge, enable and develop the individual. Fairthorne Manor, part of the Fairthorne Group, delivers outdoor education and environmental programmes to over 20,000 children and young people each year on both a residential and day basis. The Outdoor programme consists of a wide range of activities, including canoeing, climbing, bush-craft, abseiling, archery and a range of team games and pastoral activities. During term time, we deliver a diverse outdoor education programme to school and community groups, whilst during the holidays, we run an enormously successful Daycamp programme for children aged 4 to 16 years, catering for up to 500 children per day. We also run children’s birthday parties and family open days and camping, corporate team building days and community events such as Youth band practice, church meetings and counselling groups. Fairthorne Manor delivers services and programmes 7 days of the week throughout most of the year.
You will be joining the very successful Daycamp programme as a Volunteer group leader, and trained in a variety of activities including Obstacle Course, Aqua Slide and Den Building, as well as group games and Playwork. You will have responsibility for the well-being of groups of children aged 4-16 and will be their support and inspiration while they are here. You will need enthusiasm and imagination to welcome and provide an amazing experience for the children.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Actively engaging children/young people, providing encouragement and support
• Being a welcoming and caring individual and an inspirational role model
• Working with and respecting others in a large and diverse team
• Being responsible for children’s welfare and pastoral needs during their stay
• Leading non ropes/water activities
• Ensuring quality provision and consistency of care
• Supporting Activity Instructors in “Kitting up/down”
• Assisting in the supervision of children on Instructor led activities
• Supervising the children’s lunch & break times and during “Manor Shop” time.
• Depending on age and ability, taking children to the toilet/helping them change out of wet clothes
• Managing children’s behaviour with support from the Age Group Leader
• To act in the interests of your own safety & the safety of others at all times
• Anything else reasonably requested by the management of the organisation
• To follow YMCA Fairthorne Group’s Safe Guarding, Child Protection and Safer Working practice policies at all times. Taking any concerns regarding a health or/and wellbeing to your line manager or senior management.
Volunteers will be allocated a basic room, which may be shared with up to 4 other volunteers/instructors. Three meals a day will be provided in the dining room and there are toilet and shower facilities and a washing machine.
PLEASE NOTE, do not expect a 5* hotel! Fairthorne is more like a youth hostel with dormitory-style accommodation and basic facilities.
• A caring, welcoming individual, who actively engages with children and adults alike, who listens and shows respect to all, and can be an exciting and inspiring role model.
• A genuine enthusiasm for the work of the organisation.
• Ability and willingness to relate positively to customers (many of whom are children) and staff.
• Ability to motivate others.
• Ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines.
• A creative and flexible approach to the work of the organisation.
• Good level of English is required
Some experience of working with groups of young people in educational, youth or sporting environment.
Adresa: Botley, UK, , United Kingdom
Letisko: SOU, Autobusová/Vlaková zastávka: TRAVEL:
Nearest airport: London or Southampton Airports - Nearest train station: Botley train station
GPS: 51.7508192, -1.297849
Fairthorne Manor is located in a village called Curdridge which is near the city of Southampton on the South Coast of England. It is about 15 minutes’ walk from Fairthorne Manor into the village where there are shops and pubs. The nearest train station is Botley from where it is about half an hour’s journey into Southampton city centre.
POCKET MONEY: Volunteers are provided with £70 per week pocket money.
TRAINING: The YMCA offers full and comprehensive training in all elements of running outdoor activities.
You will work Monday-Friday and have Saturdays and Sundays off. Your hours of work will be any set period between 7.45 am-6.00 pm, some evening work will also be required. Please note the arrival date is the 6th July and the departure date the 4th September.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS AND HOW TO APPLY:
- Applicants must be from EU or Non Visa Countries
- All applicants must request an application pack and send a completed VEF,YMCA application form + two references, including one from their most recent school/ college or employer.
- Skype Interviews: will be arranged individually
- After Skype interview,if confirmed on the project, they should send a certificate of good conduct /police check from your home country
£50 (GBP) - a small contribution to Concordia’s administration fees.
Once applications have been shortlisted, a skype interview will usually be conducted before confirming a place.
Extra participation fee 50.0 GBP
Táto aktivita nemôže byť pridaná do tvojej tašky. Môže byť plná, uzavretá, alebo nie je určená pre teba. Tiež sa musíš prihlásiť.